• The Gateway Regional Chamber of Commerce is the largest business association in the New York Metropolitan Area with about 1,200 members. We hold approximately 150 events per year from large 600-person dinners to small 10-person breakfasts, and everything in between, with a great emphasis on networking and business promotion.
• The Gateway Chamber has a long history dating back to 1911 when it was founded as the Elizabeth Chamber of Commerce by John D. Rockefeller and other New Jersey industrialists.
• Today, the Gateway Chamber serves as an umbrella organization for a number of regional and local chambers and networking groups including: the Union County Chamber of Commerce; the Central Jersey Chamber of Commerce; the Route 22 Chamber of Commerce; the Kenilworth Chamber of Commerce; the Roselle Park Chamber of Commerce; the Clark Chamber of Commerce; the Linden Chamber of Commerce, the Somerset Hills Business Network; the Black Business Alliance; the Gateway Warehouse Association; the Gateway Hospitality Alliance; and The Irish Business Association. When you join the Gateway Chamber you automatically become a member of ALL these groups at no additional cost.
• The Gateway Chamber operates in Union, Essex, Middlesex and Somerset Counties, making it the only multi-county association in Northern and Central New Jersey. The Chamber also has many members in other states, and a growing number outside the United States.
• The Gateway Chamber is a strong advocate for its members. It works at the federal, state and local levels on both legislative and regulatory issues.
• The Gateway Chamber publishes its own quarterly news magazine, Inside Business, which has an estimated readership of 75,000.
• We consider it to be core to our mission to help our members grow their businesses, and as a result our retention rate has averaged 95% over the last five years. This focus on membership services is at the center of our philosophy.
• Members of the Gateway Chamber run the gamut from large corporations like Merck, Comcast, Verizon and Continental Airlines, to small and medium-sized business, to a very active home-based business group.